Well I decided to take to blogging to introduce myself to the world and my passion. I have always been intrigued by the subject of Leadership and potential.
I have worked for 4 of the leading financial institutions in South Africa and seen some of the worst leadership, but also some of the best leadership. So this blog is about my thoughts, my learning's and my experiences. Hopefully some of you will learn from my writings, but I am also hoping to learn from you too.
Our country has had a rich and diverse history. We have made many wrong turns, wrong choices and many mistakes. However, we have made some brilliant choices as a country e.g. the choice to end Apartheid, to free Mandela. If we look at our country today, I fear we have lost something or we have failed to capture the potential of a diverse and complicated workforce. We have a population (at time of writing) of about 50 million, but only about 10% of that is actually working. What has happened? Besides the lack of jobs, where is the entrepreneurship, where is the potential gone to, what has happened to our ability to think out of the box and be innovative, to rise up above the norm and be extra normal?
There seems to be a sense of apathy and a sense of "I am owed it" mentality that has crept into our society. How do we produce a country of outstanding leaders, like Mandela? How do we inspire our youth to be leaders like him? How do we get people to go beyond their potential?
Let's try answer these questions in future blogs. So stick around and let's learn together.
Hopefully, in this blog I can not only offer my own learning's, thoughts and ideas,but I can learn from your comments.
Look forward to hearing from you all.
I have worked for 4 of the leading financial institutions in South Africa and seen some of the worst leadership, but also some of the best leadership. So this blog is about my thoughts, my learning's and my experiences. Hopefully some of you will learn from my writings, but I am also hoping to learn from you too.
Our country has had a rich and diverse history. We have made many wrong turns, wrong choices and many mistakes. However, we have made some brilliant choices as a country e.g. the choice to end Apartheid, to free Mandela. If we look at our country today, I fear we have lost something or we have failed to capture the potential of a diverse and complicated workforce. We have a population (at time of writing) of about 50 million, but only about 10% of that is actually working. What has happened? Besides the lack of jobs, where is the entrepreneurship, where is the potential gone to, what has happened to our ability to think out of the box and be innovative, to rise up above the norm and be extra normal?
There seems to be a sense of apathy and a sense of "I am owed it" mentality that has crept into our society. How do we produce a country of outstanding leaders, like Mandela? How do we inspire our youth to be leaders like him? How do we get people to go beyond their potential?
Let's try answer these questions in future blogs. So stick around and let's learn together.
Hopefully, in this blog I can not only offer my own learning's, thoughts and ideas,but I can learn from your comments.
Look forward to hearing from you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment